BioChar helps save water and retain nutrients. BioChar also helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by stabilizing carbon atoms. The stable carbon atoms become a substrate that is useful in the garden.
Our Biochar is made from softwood lumber waste. The material that has been cooked in such a way that the wood’s carbon atoms lock into place and are now a substrate from microbes, water, and fertilizers to cling to. On a molecular level, biochar is made up of sheets of Graphene Oxide. The oxygen atoms that are attached to the carbon sheet give it polarity. Polarity allows the sheet to attract and hold onto water and fertilizer. Biochar saves water, fertilizer, and prevents fertilizer run-off.
A Water & Nutrient conserving Soil Amendment
Prevent Fertilizer leaching, stimulate soil microbes, and save water
Made in California by Pacific Biochar LLC.
- Use 1/4 to 1/2 Cup per gallon of potting media
- Use up to 4 Cups (one gallon) per cubic foot of potting media
- Use up to 6 Gallons per cubic Yard of Soil
- Apply 1 Cup per Square Foot
- Apply 10 Gallons Per 100 Square Feet
- Apply 100 Gallons Per 100 Square Feet
- Mix in 5 Gallons of BioChar per Yard of Compost