The DimLux Expert Series is the most advanced and complete lighting system on the market. DimLux combines the best of two worlds: The Alpha Optics 98 Reflector in combination with the Xtreme ballast and 400V Full Spectrum Lamp, is a complete fixture with the highest level of reflector efficiency and light output yet available.
Dimlux Ceramic-Discharge Metal Halide systems deliver a spectrum that's much closer to natural sunlight than typical high intensity discharge (HID) systems. These state-of-the art lamps generate a greater level of useable plant light (photosynthetically active radiation) and run with a blinding intensity that's immediately apparent to the naked eye.
The lamp is optimized for the bloom phase with enhanced reds, but, because it's full-spectrum, it will produce the goods in both veg and flower – expect to see increased growth rates, tighter internodes, an improvement in overall vigor and an increase in final weight. Come harvest time, you'll be left wondering what you did without one!
With Dimlux lighting, plants gets a cleaner, more powerful light which operates at cooler temperatures. Coupled with the Maxi-Controller and other available sensors, Dimlux provides unparalleled control and efficiency. The result is optimal control and maximum performance!
DimLux Expert Series 630W Dual Full Spectrum
2 x 315W CMH (Ceramic Metal Halide)
- A blinding intensity that's clearly visible with the naked eye
- Highly efficient - puts out 1.9 micromole (µmol) per watt
- Extremely high PAR levels
- Alpha 98 Miro Silver Reflector with Single Bounce Clear Sight (SBCS technology
- Adjustable output levels from 330W to 760W
- The highest output (light) due to the overdrive boost UHF technology
- The broadest dimming range of all digital ballasts
- Soft-Start, Soft-Dim, Soft-Off function
- Can be dimmed manually in 8 levels including the “off” position.
- Fully Maxi Controller compatible -Can be variably dimmed and controlled
- Extensive diagnostic LEDs
- EOL function (End Of Life indication to replace lamps)
- Safety features for preventing short circuits, open contact, high temperatures, too low voltage, too high voltage
- Excels as both supplementary and standalone lighting
- SBCS -Single Bounce reflector ensures minimal light loss
- Brighter, cleaner light for maximum yield
- Less Heat – reduced risk of heat damage to plants
- Reduce cooling costs
- No loss of vertical space – ideal for rooms with 8 ft ceilings
- Available Master Controller (sold separately) for dimming to sunrise/sunset and when temperature, humidity, VPD and CO2 levels vary
- Overall much greater output and yield than any other lighting system
Alpha Optics 98 Reflector
This Alpha Optics 98 reflector was designed according to the Single Bounce Clear Sight (SBCS) principle and is equipped with Miro Silver mirrors. This achieves the highest possible level of efficiency (98%) of any commercially available horticultural reflector. The reflector is fitted with adjustable side reflectors for better overlapping and minimizing wall losses.
Thanks to the open reflector design, the lamp is passively cooled, which improves both the service life and efficiency of the lamp. Warm air can be actively be extracted through a 2inch /50 mm connection on the reflector which reduces the room temperature significantly. In addition, separately available add-on reflectors can be installed to further reduce wall losses. The reflector is replaceable.
To get the most from these units, we recommend using them in conjunction with the Dimlux Maxi Controller. You can then do away with your contactor /timer setup and control up to 160 fixtures from a single point, scheduling on and off times and regulating output levels according to room temperature or VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit) levels, so that plant temperatures always stay within range.
DimLux Expert Series 630W Specifications:
- Suitable for: 630W CDM Ceramic Metal Halide
- Reflector: Alpha Optics Miro Silver with 98% Efficiency
- Output: 330 - 760 Watt
- Connection: 230V standard
- Overdrive: 20%
- Soft Start: Low inrush for use without Maxi Controller and Zero start (no inrush) for use with the Maxi Controller
- Soft Dim: Yes
- Dimming: 7 dim levels and off mode. Can be switched on and off via the Maxi Controller as well as Step-less dimming
- Dim Levels: Soft Off, 330W, 410W, 490W, 560W, 630W, 690W, 760
- Frequency: UHF Ultra High
- Lamps: 2x Philips Greenpower 315W CDM lamps
- Power Consumption: @630W = 662W, 2.7A at 230V
@760W = 799W, 3.5A at 230V
- Par / PPF: 1,411 µmol/s at 760W *1.9 µmol/Watt
- Illumination Surface: @630W = min 0.84m² (9 ft²), max 2m² (21.5ft²) 4½ x 4½ Spread
@760W = min 1m² (10.7ft²), max. 2.4m² (25.8ft²) 5 x 5 Spread
- Diagnostics: Red & green LED signals
- Dimensions: 26 ½” x 10 ¾” x 5 ⅛” / 67.5cm x 27.5cm x 13cm
- Weight: 13.88 lbs / 6.3 Kg
Dimlux Expert Series - 2 x 315w CDM (Ceramic Metal Halide) – Full Spectrum:
Dimlux CDM fixtures utilise ceramic-discharge metal halide lamps to produce a light spectrum that's much broader than other forms of HID lighting (like standard metal halides and HPS). Its output is more comparable to the light produced by LEP (light emitting plasma) units. LEPs actually have a slightly broader spectrum than the CDM fixture, but they simply do not compare in terms of brightness. You can see with your own eyes, as soon as you turn this Dimlux unit on, that it’s every bit as bright as its equivalent wattage in HPS, giving you the best of both worlds – a unit that delivers an LEP-style spectrum combined with HPS-style intensity! A truly exceptional all-rounder that will add much to the quality and size of your harvest.
Output levels can be switched between the following settings: 165w, 205w, 245w, 280w, 315w, 345w, 380w. With 7 settings, you have the flexibility to tailor your lighting to your plants demand based on environmental conditions in the grow area, ensuring that temperature stay well within range.
Because its full-spectrum, it's also great for the vegetative stages, triggering rapid growth, speeding up turnover times and increasing the overall efficiency of your indoor garden. With a healthy level of blue/white light (at roughly 5000k to 6000k) internodes stay nice and tight, eliminating the issues with stretch that occur when using lighting with narrow, inadequate spectrums.
Everything is included to get you started, with lamp, ballast and reflector all rolled into one package.
This unit is fully compatible with the Dimlux Maxi Controller. You can daisy chain up to 160 of these systems using speaker wire and control their on and off times centrally - no need for contactors and timers! Just power the system directly from the mains and let the Maxi Controller take care of the rest. You'll then have access to an extensive range of features and you'll be able to automatically regulate lighting according to VPD (vapour pressure deficit). VPD gives us a much clearer picture of how the environment is effecting plants, describing the difference in vapor pressure between the plants themselves and the air around them. By using this measurement to reduce output levels when necessary, you'll ensure that transpiration rates stay optimal at all times. The stomata on the underside of each leaf will then stay open, ensuring that photosynthesis is completely optimal at all times. The effects are nothing short of amazing!
Simply hang the combined ballast & reflector over the centre of the grow-space at an appropriate height using easy rolls or jack chain. Run the 4.0m kettle lead from the reflector to a standard US mains outlet or your contactor and switch on. Dimlux lighting is best used in conjunction with the Dimlux Maxi Controller. Two of these units can be connected to the Maxi Controller directly using speaker wire, and additional ballasts / fixtures can then be daisy chained from the original ballasts up to a total of 160 units.